Thursday, February 19, 2015
Dear Praying Friends
Thank you for your ongoing prayers! Let me encourage you to continue on in prayer. While it may not always seem immediately effective, it IS God-ordained and thus of great value.
“Our praying needs to be pressed and pursued with an energy that never tires, a persistency which will not be denied, and a courage that never fails.” (E.M. Bounds)
I’ve been learning a lot lately from Edmund Chan. He points out that Jesus lived an “efficacious” life – as opposed to just an efficient or even effective life. Chan says, “Leadership efficacy is doing the Right Thing at the Right Time in the Right Way with the Right Motive to produce the Right Result.” Prayer is "efficacious" and truly leads us to living “efficacious” lives!
- MissionFest Vancouver – Bill Allen, Colton Martin (WT Indonesia MK), Bethany Foutz (WT Philippines MK) and David Wood (WTC board member) joined me to mobilize workers to WT fields
- MissionFest Manitoba – Richard Salas (New WT member) and Pamela Walford (WT appointee to Suriname) joined me to mobilize workers to WT fields
- Commissioning Service – Richard and Miriam Salas were commissioned by Waverly Baptist Church to their service with World Team – Cuba Ministries and Mobilization
- We enjoyed a GREAT visit with Megan in Ottawa over the past weekend. Eating her food, skating on the Rideau, taking in the ice-sculptures. It was fantastic!
- Family health issues – Karen’s brother has been in the hospital for 2 weeks +. An operation to remove colon cancer resulted in a perforation, leading to further complications. He may require a 3rd operation. Please pray with us for Chris.
- Follow up on connections made – I made some good connections at the MissionFest events – One particular connection was AMAZING! A couple stopped by the booth to learn about World Team. I welcomed them - an Asian couple, church planters, working with a church they started... and I shared with them about our vision to see Chinese Canadians mobilized to church plant amongst the unreached Chinese in Lima. They listened politely, asked a few questions, indicated interest. Long story short - they have purchased flight tickets to join me in Lima in May for the Pastor's Vision Trip! AMAZING? I think so!
- Planning for upcoming events – I return to Manitoba for a FOCUS conference event, and our 2nd Fund-raising event in March. Plans are underway, but much is still required.
Thanks for your ongoing prayers! I am encouraged as I see God at work.