Wednesday, April 03, 2013
May the blessing of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ be on you all! His risen and ascended status provide us with the assurance that His sacrifice on the cross was wholly accepted by God!
Photos taken at GBC's Holy Land Adventure (Notice that "mom" included pictures of our girls!)
- “Bible Study Methods” group meeting on Thursday – almost ready for them to teach others! Tomorrow-April 4-is the next session. One of the participants will lead the review - it's going well!
- Pizza/Pop Missions night at Heritage Bible College – Friday This went very well-great interaction/participation/response
- Ongoing conversations with potential cross-cultural workers – this is our aim! This is a continual request!
- Final stretch for Holy Land Adventure at Guelph Bible Chapel – takes place March 28 (Karen has a role in heading this up)
- - Okay, this event was amazing! In Holy Land Adventure, the Guelph Bible Chapel (GBC) recreates ancient Jerusalem - City Gates, Market Place, Centurion's quarters, Caiaphas' house, and the Upper Room. Guests enjoy interaction in the market place (lots of beggars, watch out for the tax collector! be sure to buy some sweets!), and then listen as a centurion, members of the religious order, and some of Jesus' followers recount the events around Easter from their varied perspectives. Around 70 members of GBC took part - acting, food prep/service, hospitality, car parking, set up and clean up, costumes - it was so well done! Nearly 200 people took in the event, and we had so many positive comments! We continue to pray that this event, and our Oasis Camp (coming up again this summer) genuinely blesses many in our community - both in and out of our church family.
- Materials preparation – Mobilization Training, Mission Team Best Practices, and a Global Awareness course. These are in various stages of preparation, for various time frames in the coming months
- Discipling individuals towards missions involvement – There are various people (singles and couples) at different stages of their journey into missions. We hope to have a few go through World Team’s R.A.C.E. (Reciprocal Agency and Candidate Evaluation) in July
- There is one individual currently considering joining our Mobilization Team in Western Canada. Pray for clear leading.
Thanks again for your prayers! As I consider the reality of what we’ve celebrated this past weekend, I am reminded of the importance of taking Christ’s Gospel to ALL the nations! Please continue to pray with me – “Lord of the harvest, send out workers into your fields of harvest!”
Mobilization & ChurchLink