Tuesday, April 08, 2014
Dear Praying Friends
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to His great mercy He has given us new life into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead! (I Peter 1.3)
- Meeting with Chinese church leaders – there are many open opportunities to partner with growing churches in the Toronto area! – The initial meetings are going well. I look forward to learning through these connections. I hope to meet with more leaders in May.
- Debriefing a young woman returning from her exploratory time in Cameroon – pray for good placement, clear direction, and wise decisions – This has not yet taken place. Angeline returned to Canada on Friday. I hope to meet with her via phone this week.
- Growing college connections in Ontario – seeking to establish short-term team sending connections – Again, the initial conversations have gone well. There’s a lot to be done yet!
- Local church activity preparation – Guelph Bible Chapel (GBC) is hosting Holy Land Adventure – April 17. Karen heads up the planning for this event. Over 60 people from GBC are involved in acting, market-place activity, setup, hospitality & more. It's a great event to expose our community to Easter.
- Weekend interaction with Youth – presenting with a number of others – The youth leader at Grandview Baptist church in Kitchener has invited mission reps and others to present opportunities for service outside the church. I'll be sharing about the ministry to migrant workers in the Ajax area.
- Ongoing preparation for trip to Manitoba – there are a number things going on… FOCUS @ Steinbach Bible College, a workshop on "calling" at The Bridge Church, a fund-raising dessert night (for more info call 204-746-5525 or email me @ Jacob.Ginter@WorldTeam.org), and an ordination service at Bothwell Christian Fellowship Church. I am being ordained as a minister at the 11am service, April 27, 2014. A full week!
Thanks again for your prayers! Let us keep looking to Jesus – “Lord the of Harvest, sent out workers into your fields of harvest!”