Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Myths About Missions!
Missions hurt the local church.
Fact: The farthest light is brightest at its source. Those who care about the needs of others around the world never ignore the needs of those at their door. The difference between Galilee and the Dead Sea is that water flows out of Galilee and stays in the Dead Sea to evaporate and dissipate. The attitude of "let's keep everything we have" does the same thing.
(taken from article "Myths about Missions" by Harold J. Sala)
Tied to this idea comes the question, "Is God's will REALLY good for me, for my church?" Walking in God's will brings blessing. Yes, it requires sacrifice. Yes, it will not always be easy, or even comfortable. However, God IS good, and that means that ALL of His will is good for us!
Dear Praying Friends
Jesus said, “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.” Surely this applies to those who struggle to pray, who struggle to make ends meet, who struggle to do right in a culture that has, in many ways, lost its bearings on right and wrong. So, we come to Him, the author and perfecter of our faith, who, for the joy set before Him, endured the cross, despising its shame. We come confident that He WILL hear us, and He WILL answer our prayers. Our God LOVES to hear His children come to pray!
- Friday, April 13 - Mission’s focus night at Heritage Bible College – Paul Muzzin & I shared at our last mission’s emphasis opportunity at Heritage for this semester – Although the turnout was low, the discussion was excellent! Thanks for praying!
- Preparation is underway for my upcoming trip to Manitoba – This is still underway. Almost all the scheduling is in place. More info below.
- Preparation underway for our Intern Orientation – takes place April 19 & 20 – 1 of our interns still lacks significant support – A good part of this is done, but there’s still a little more. Thursday will be here soon! Support is coming in steadily!
- Intern Orientation – This Thursday and Friday (April 19 & 20) Paul Muzzin & I will be conducting the WT Euro Internship Orientation. It’s a first for both of us!
- Manitoba Trip – April 20 to May 02 – I leave for Manitoba on Friday, with a full weekend scheduled. Please pray especially for my time of ministry at a church in Steinbach. The text is Matthew 9.35-38 – “Pray the Lord of the Harvest to send more workers into His fields of Harvest.” The trip will see me connecting with supporters, speaking to church leaders, and relating with potential World Team individuals.
- Please also pray for Karen and the girls in my absence. It seems each time I travel there’s some sort of issue that arises!
Thanks again for praying! Whenever people interact with God, it’s a meeting of total need with total supply!