Tuesday, May 08, 2012
Dear Praying Friends
Thanks for praying! Prayer is an expression of our complete dependence on God.
“If you are not praying, then you are quietly confident that time, money and talent are all you need in life.” (Paul Miller – A Praying Life)
The two photos display part of my beautiful extended family in Manitoba. The trips have family "pleasure" mixed in - for sure!
On a sadder note, I also attended the funeral of Mr. Abe Klassen, my youngest brother's father-in-law during my visit. My condolences go out to Art and Cheryl, and their children, Brittany, Cody and Riley, as well as to the entire Klassen family. You can read Mr. Klassen's Obituary Online.
- Intern Orientation – Paul Muzzin & I conducted the WT Euro Internship Orientation April 19 & 20. Thanks for praying! It went well, and we also saw a number of areas to improve. 2 interns are now in France, with a 3rd joining them, and others from the US in June.
- Manitoba Trip – April 20 to May 02 – Please pray especially for my time of ministry at a church in Steinbach. The text is Matthew 9.35-38 – “Pray the Lord of the Harvest to send more workers into His fields of Harvest.” The trip will see me connecting with supporters, speaking to church leaders, and relating with potential World Team individuals. – This was a very good trip, valuable in a number of ways – personal and ministry related
- Please also pray for Karen and the girls in my absence. It seems each time I travel there’s some sort of issue that arises! – thanks for praying! All went well!
- Follow up on conversations initiated during my time in Manitoba
- Preparation for Evangelism Seminar at Guelph Bible Chapel
Again, thanks so much for praying! As Paul wrote so aptly… “Rejoice in hope, be patient in affliction, be persistent in prayer.” (Romans 12.12)