Tuesday, June 23, 2015
Dear Praying Friends
Thanks for your ongoing prayers. Someone has noted – “When we work, we work. When we pray, God works.”
- Planning for the next Pastor’s Research/Vision trip (Keith Lee is taking a team in August) – this is coming together slowly. Housing is in place, it appears that a local guide is in place as well. Several speaking engagements are arranged. All good!
- Developing new relationships in the Chinese Church settings in the GTA – That meeting went well, and follow-up continues. Early next week a lunch appointment is planned. There are also potential leads into more avenues.
- Sermon preparation – ongoing disciple-making series at Guelph Bible Chapel– I’m so grateful for this opportunity to teach this series – I’m learning SO MUCH!
- Ongoing Mobilization efforts - Follow up, communication, prayer
- Transitions – my parents (living in Manitoba) have recently relocated – the transition been a little more stressful for them than we all anticipated. Please be in prayer for my brothers and sisters as they assist my parents in this. – Thanks for your ongoing prayers. Last week mom had some sort of treatment that restored her sight amazingly – she can read again! Dad also had his hearing aids fixed, and is now better able to communicate. I am SO GRATEFUL to family members in Manitoba for their care for mom and dad!
- Pursuing relationships for the Chinese work in Lima – please pray as we coordinate – World Team, GO International, and the Christian & Missionary Alliance (the church groups established in Peru amongst the Chinese) along with Canadian Chinese church leaders. This is a broad collaborative effort, opportunities for miscommunication abound!
- Reading – this summer I am intentionally taking extra time for reading and development. As a matter of discipline, this is a tough one for me. I tend to read only to “get what I need” on a “just in time” basis. This summer I want to change that. I’m praying that my ability to prioritize would grow here.
Here’s a quote from a book I’m enjoying right now…
"Vision without execution is hallucination" (Thomas Edison quoted in Edmund Chan’s book, A Certain Kind)
Thanks again for your prayers!