Friday, July 05, 2013
Dear Praying Friends
Thank you for your ongoing prayers! I know that God answers prayers, and I am thankful for those who pray!
On June 14 I wrote..
Please pray for me as I interact with World Team members, meet church leaders for the first time, and work with people at different stages of involvement with World Team in the next 6 days. I am currently in Calgary, and will be in Calgary, Lethbridge, Airdrie, Red Deer, 3 Hills and Clive over the next days. My desire is to see World Team’s network develop in this part of Canada. Please also pray for Karen and the girls – Megan and Carly are finishing off @ GCVI over the next week.
- Wow, what a trip! I met so many great people! My interactions with appointees, potential World Team workers, current World Team members, prayer partners, and family were all SO encouraging! Please pray as I continue to follow up with these people, and as we work to grow the World Team network in Alberta! Results: Debriefed a family recently back from Cameroon, Connected with 6 new church leaders (pastors, missions pastors, missions co-ordinators), connected with a Bible College professor, met new potential workers, possible invite to conduct Best Practices in Church Missions Workshop.
1. Preparation for R.A.C.E. (Reciprocal Agency and Candidate Evaluation) – July 20-26, Warrington, PA (I’ll be there with WT USA staff, 2 Canadian Candidates and 16 US Candidates)
2. Field Vision Trip – Pamela Walford, Winnipeg, Mb, will be in Suriname this month to discern if God would have her serve there. Please pray for Pamela and the team as they seek God’s guidance in this!
3. Appointee Coaching – I currently provide coaching for our World Team Canada Appointees. An "Appointee" has been accepted as a World Team member. After R.A.C.E. each new appointee has several tasks/phases to complete. a) Post-R.A.C.E. requirements (Includes online learning - Gospel Foundations, assigned reading, forming an accountability team, and finding 50 prayer partners: could also include Bible training, counseling, etc) b) Field Allocation - choosing a field to serve on, investigating, making a "Vision Trip." c) Partnership Development - gathering a team of financial and prayer supporters d) Pre-Field Training - Language Acquisition skills, Cross-Cultural Training, Field/Task specific training e) Deployment - includes all that's involved in transitioning to a new field of ministry
4. New Blog! Check out Kristie's Blog – written by a young woman along the path to discovering those “good works that God prepared beforehand for [her] to walk in…” (Eph 2.10)
Thanks again for your prayers!
Mobilization & ChurchLink