Tuesday, July 07, 2015
Dear Praying Friends
Thanks for your prayers! May you experience joy and strength as you look to the ONE who is able to save to the uttermost!!!!
- We have reduced the number of teenagers in our home to ONE – as Megan celebrates her 20th birthday TODAY! Karen and I are grateful for Megan, and enjoy her being at home again. She’s working at Wendy’s this summer, and enters her 3rd year of university at U of Guelph in September.
- Preparations for R.A.C.E. are now front and centre – I will be in Warrington PA with two Canadian candidates – July 18-24 (there are 6 candidates in total)
- On a personal note – Karen and the girls will spend a week in NYC while I’m in Warrington.
- Pamela Walford, appointee to Suriname has reached 75% of her required support level! She is now in the process of applying for residency visas – allowing her to arrive at 100% support by October. Please continue to pray for her!
- Plans are underway for a short visit to Manitoba in August (Jacob and Karen) – more details as they come together
- Pursuing relationships for the Chinese work in Lima – please pray as we coordinate – World Team, GO International, and the Christian & Missionary Alliance (the church groups established in Peru amongst the Chinese) along with Canadian Chinese church leaders. This is a broad collaborative effort, opportunity for miscommunication abounds! - this will be an ongoing prayer request over the next year or so
- Reading – this summer I am intentionally taking extra time for reading and development. As a matter of discipline, this is a tough one for me. I tend to read only to “get what I need” on a “just in time” basis. This summer I want to change that. I’m praying that my ability to prioritize would grow here. –
This is going ahead! I finished 2 books in the past 2 weeks, and am reading a few more. It’s refreshing, and I sense that it’s also informing my interactions with others
Thanks again for your prayers!