Tuesday, January 20, 2004
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Wow, 2003 has just gone by like a flash! It's good to reflect on how God has provided over the past year, knowing that His promises are as sure as ever for the year ahead!
Short term member on board!
Expanded Ministry - New Bible Study launched "Celebration Services" in the works
ALSO AVAILABLE - The Mustard Seed - Winter 2004 edition click here ---> http://www.pdcweb.net/ginters/mustard_seed/
1. Thanks for your prayers regarding the Alpha Weekend. Manolo did not attend. However, those who attended were blessed and we were encouraged.
Please continue to pray for Manolo's salvation.
2. There have been a number of opportunities to apply what I learned in "Conflict Management" at the leadership seminar in October. While I am grateful for what I have learned, I recognize that much remains to be learned!
3. Karen's English classes have been progressing very well. Please continue to pray that God would use this to His glory.
1. Jacob's niece (Margaret Ginter) is spending the month of January with us.
This is a time of checking out missions, learning a new language and experiencing a new culture for Margaret. We have been so encouraged by her stay. One highlight for this time is the book "The Purpose Driven Life."
Margaret, Karen, and I are reading through the book together each evening.
Our prayer is that Margaret will gain a first-hand understanding of the concept of church planting in Spain, with a view for an expanded vision in missions.
2. A new bible study group has opened up recently. Although we lost more than half the attendants (they moved to another part of Madrid) last week, this study is an opportunity for expanded ministry and training. The study is attended by Christians and non-Christians. Please pray especially for Lita and René María, a mother and daughter very open to the Gospel. Our desire is that they would gain a firm understanding of Christ's marvelous work in their lives.
3. We are participating with several other start up groups to coordinate several large group "Celebration Services" in our area. This could be a time of rejoicing and connecting for these small entities. This effort is being spear-headed by another church planting group working near us. The difficulty here is coordinating the schedules of several different individuals, each working to form the base for their church planting ministry. In plain English, most of these people are swamped. Please pray for the Lord's timing and leading in this networking effort.
Again, we want to thank you for your prayers and encouragement. 2003 was not an easy year for us. However, it was a year of learning, growing, and experiencing God's faithfulness. We still have much to learn and grow in, but can do so with the confidence that He who began the good work in [us] will complete it until the day of Christ Jesus!
Blessings and love
Jacob and Karen Ginter
Jacob y Karen Ginter
C./ Tahona 5, 4B, 1ºA
28223 Pozuelo de Alarcón