Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Dear Praying Friends
I’ve been encouraged by Philippians 4.6 so much this summer.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” (NIV) What a great reminder to me as I scurry about seeking to “cover the bases” of my responsibilities!
- SPARK promo – Paul Muzzin was at Toronto Baptist Seminary promoting SPARK last week – There was a lot of interest. And, due to our worker in Toronto receiving his visa to work in Canada (Praise God!), Paul is working towards this event with TBS students.
- Appointee followup – I’ll be working to follow up with our appointees as to progress made over the summer months. A number of people are in various stages of preparation (fund-raising, pre-field training, completing education, personal development) – This is ongoing. I’ve had some conversations, will have a few more this week.
- Potential Candidate follow up – I’ll also be following up on a number of potential candidates this fall. There are a number of people in process, and we’re connecting with more regularly. “Pray the Lord of the Harvest to send out Workers!” – this too is ongoing. Thanks for praying!
- Mobilizers prayer- yesterday I spent the day in prayer with fellow mission mobilizers in Ontario. What a joy and privilege to pray for churches, bible colleges, and mission agencies across Canada. We want to take seriously this – “Pray the Lord of the harvest to send out workers…”
- Meeting with S. African short-term missionary – a group of 4 young men from S. Africa are serving in Guelph this week. I’ll be meeting with Geoff to talk about how he can mobilize more S. African young men into cross-cultural service
- Class participation – I will be sharing @ the “Introduction to Global Christianity” class at Emmanuel Bible College on Thursday. This college is taking intentional steps to prepare more students for missions. I look forward to it!
Thanks again for your participation with us in prayer! As I serve directly with World Team, Karen and I serve at Guelph Bible Chapel, and our girls continue their education, it’s a joy to know that we do this in the company of a “great cloud of witnesses!”
Mobilization & ChurchLink