Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Thanks for your ongoing prayers! God is so good!
"God's Joy - Our Motivation!"
"Because of the joy awaiting him, [Jesus] endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne" (Hebrews 12.2b NLT)
"The joy of Jesus was the absolute self-surrender and self-sacrifice of Himself to His Father, the joy of doing that which the Father sent Him to do. 'I delight to do Thy will.' Jesus prayed that our joy might go on fulfilling itself until it was the same joy as His. Have I allowed Jesus Christ to introduce His joy to me?" (Oswald Chambers - My Utmost for His Highest - August 31)
In John 17.18, Jesus says to the Father, "Just as you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world." In this "High Priestly Prayer" we begin to see some of the ways that Jesus was sent into the world. In verse 13, the concept of JOY comes to light. Do we consider that our God is a God of JOY? Further, can we see that JOY was a driving force behind Jesus' life, death and resurrection? He desires that His JOY be our JOY!
With this in mind, we can pray with JOY, "Lord, we, like you, want your JOY to be the daily experience of many! So, Lord, send more laborers into your Harvest Fields! "
- Speaking engagements – Winkler Zion and Winkler CFC churches – both of these services went well… I sensed I was still able to communicate in Low German! Thanks Lord!
- Karen’s endoscopy – this went well… when the results come back, we’ll know if the H¬-Pylori was present for sure… in the meantime, Karen is doing much better. Thanks Lord!
- Jacob shares at the CMC Missions Emphasis tonight.
- Jacob is connecting with supporters, friends and family, and potential World Team workers (Lord, please raise up more workers!)
- Speaking engagement – Halbstadt Mennonite church – October 23
Thanks again for praying!
P.S. If you know of any college or university student who would benefit from a 7 seven week internship this summer, have them contact me!