Thursday, October 27, 2011
Dear Praying Friends
Well, I’m back in Ontario. What a great visit to Manitoba, but it’s good to be with my girls again!
Have you wondered about Jesus’ words… “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men?” Were these words just for the first disciples, or do they apply to us as well?
As I drove in to work this morning, Jesus' words in John 14.6 kept coming to mind. "I am the way, the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father except through me." Jesus being "the way" struck me as more than simply an apologetic point: this verse is often quoted when believers counter the prevalent idea that there are many ways to God.
Jesus being "the way" relates, to me at least, to His challenge, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." The "way" we live, following Jesus daily, affects our ability to be effective "fishers of men."
In what areas of my life am I singing "my way" even while I seek to align myself with God's purposes?
"Jesus, I confess that You are 'The Way,' and I want to walk in Your 'Way' in all that I say, do, and think. I want to follow you closely, learning from you, imitating you, asking you, and enjoying your company. Jesus, make me a 'fisher of men' in Your 'way.'
- CMC Missions Emphasis – the conference was enjoyable, and sharing was a joy. Thanks for praying!
- Serving at the Halbstadt church went well (I love going there!) – thanks for praying!
- I enjoyed several key conversations regarding raising up more workers – pray that these would bear fruit!
- Follow-up on connections made in Manitoba
- Pursuing new connections, and following up on connections in Ontario
- Attending Thanksgiving Supper for migrant workers from Mexico – tonight, in Ajax, ON – evaluating and supporting WT ministry to these workers in an effort to see new communities of believers established – here and in Mexico!
Thanks for praying!