Thursday, November 07, 2013
Dear Praying Friends
I am WAY overdue in informing you of happenings in my life and ministry! I was aware that the summer was over-busy, but felt that autumn would restore balance. Not so. It’s been a little MUCH lately. So, as in other times, when I most need to be aware of the prayers of others, I seem least likely to inform those who pray.
For those who pray regularly anyway – THANKS!
- New church-agency survey taking place in Kitchener-Waterloo – a student at Emmanuel Bible College (EBC) is partnering with World Team to conduct a survey aimed at assisting us in better serving local Canadian churches – this is moving forward well. Our student-worker has contacted numerous churches and is conducting interviews. I look forward to learning through this valuable feedback
- Follow up – each week I need to put aside time to follow up with churches and individuals – those who have expressed interest in World Team, and those who are already tracking with World Team for service in missions. Pray that my interactions accomplish what God has in mind for each of us. – this is ongoing, and is going well. It’s a growing piece of my life – I’m growing to become more sensitive to God’s work as I interact with others. Praise God for this!
- WTC Mobilization Fund-Raising Banquet - This meaningful event took place on Saturday, November 02. 69 people attended the event, and over $4500 were raised! Beyond raising funds, this banquet serves to inform current supporters, expand our circle of “World Team Friends” and truly glorify God as we celebrate His goodness together (and the food was awesome too :))
- Click HERE to watch an excellent video that we showed at the banquet – showing the interconnectedness of people – how God uses His children in a chain of events that bring others to Him! I think it’s a good picture of how prayer and financial supporters touch lives around the world!
- Follow up and Debrief of Banquet event – we seek to learn each year in order to improve
- Follow through on 2 relevant couples intending to join World Team Canada as new missionaries – YAY!
- SPARK – Paul Muzzin leads 4 TBS students through the SPARK weekend “missions immersion” experience this weekend in a Toronto suburb. They will learn from our resident worker, participate in door-to-door evangelism, hear the testimonies of Muslim background believers, and develop a heart for reaching those who have never heard of Christ – right in their own backyard!
- Mid-Term service begins – On Tuesday, Nov 05, Christine Schmidt left for France to begin a 10 month term of service with one of our church plants. Pray for Christine as she adjusts to life in France, and as she works to launch a youth group for this small group of believers.
Thanks again for partnering with me in prayer! I know that God answers prayer, and that He is answering the prayer – “Lord of the harvest, send out workers into your fields of harvest!”
Mobilization & ChurchLink