Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Dear Praying Friends
Thank you for your ongoing partnership through prayer! It’s just so awesome to realize that wherever we are, we have complete access to God’s “Throne of Grace” through prayer!
- Follow up and Debrief of Banquet event – we seek to learn each year in order to improve – much of the follow up has been done. We’ll begin shortly to plan next year’s event!
- Follow through on 2 relevant couples intending to join World Team Canada as new missionaries – YAY! – This is going well. I will be meeting with one of these couples on Thursday night.
- SPARK – Paul Muzzin leads 4 TBS students through the SPARK weekend “missions immersion” experience this weekend in a Toronto suburb. They will learn from our resident worker, participate in door-to-door evangelism, hear the testimonies of Muslim background believers, and develop a heart for reaching those who have never heard of Christ – right in their own backyard! – Paul informed me that this was the best SPARK ever! The opportunities to connect with people were fantastic, and all SPARK participants indicated an interest in continuing to serve cross-culturally in some capacity!
- Mid-Term service begins – On Tuesday, Nov 05, Christine Schmidt left for France to begin a 10 month term of service with one of our church plants. Pray for Christine as she adjusts to life in France, and as she works to launch a youth group for this small group of believers. – Clearly this is an ongoing request. I hope to update you from time to time during Christine’s time in France.
- Finalizing preparations for Catalyst Services “FOCUS Facilitator Training” - @ People’s Church next Tuesday/Wednesday. I look forward to this learning event!
- Connecting with Appointees – Pamela Walford (appointee to Suriname), Angeline Bowman (appointee to Cameroon)
- Coaching team-mates – Treven Young (Calgary) is facilitating a process for a young lady seeking to serve in Africa shortly. I am coaching him through this process
Thanks again for your prayers! Even as I list a few of the priority activities I’m engaged in this week, I’m aware of how busy many of you are too. May you experience wisdom and joy as you go about your tasks in a way that glorifies God, builds His kingdom, and benefits His people!
Mobilization & ChurchLink
World Team Canada