Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Dear Praying Friends
Greetings to you in the immeasurably GREAT name of Jesus Christ! He is the same – yesterday, today and forever!
"...fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him, endured the cross, despising the shame..."
Jesus went to the cross with JOY! Isn't that amazing? Then, Paul, the prominent apostle of the early church, writes about JOY over and again in the book of Philippians - writing from prison! James also challenges us - "Consider it all joy... when you encounter various trials..."
Karen and I recently attended a seminar on relationships where the presenter told us that "joy" is the "normal state" for the human brain - although we tend not to be in that state! We were challenged to consider that it is possible to return to a state of joy within 90 seconds of experiencing difficulty. Wow, 90 seconds!
Isn't it interesting to note that we as believers are called to be people of Joy, and scientists tell us that Joy is supposed to be our "normal state?" So, Jesus - once again - calls us back to our normal state, our original being, our created self. And, not only does He call us back to it, He fully empowers us to come back! He surely IS GOOD!
Jesus, I desire to live in JOY. Jesus, I don't want to live in a way that allows the cares of this world to crush out fruitfulness. I want JOY that spills over to bless those around me, and speaks of your extravagant goodness. Again, Jesus, I believe, help my unbelief!
1. College Prayer Event – it was good to connect with students at Heritage College – like all relationships, this is ongoing… please continue to pray for strategic focus
2. ChurchLINK connections – I had a number of good conversations with pastors last week – here too I will need to be strategic in considering where to invest the greatest amount of time
3. Carly was baptized! We praise God for her clear testimony, and for having taken this step of obedience in Joy!
1. Follow up from last week’s connections
2. Preparing materials – Paul Muzzin and I are enlisting Campus Reps on the college campuses we frequent, in order to grow our presence there – I’m preparing materials to train these reps – part 1 is done
3. World Team Corporation Banquet – this weekend World Team hosts the annual corporate banquet – last minute details always pop up!
Thanks again for praying. I´m so glad for your participation in the Gospel with us!
P.S. Applications for World Team 2012 Internships are being accepted! Direct anyone you think could benefit from this experience to World Team Internships